Average Cost for a Metal Roof by Square Foot in Atlanta
The average cost of a metal roof in Atlanta is between $6.50 and $10.00 per square foot.
Factors That Affect the Cost of Metal Roofs in Atlanta
There are many factors that can increase or decrease the cost of your new metal roof in Atlanta.
Size of the Home
The size of the home is one of the primary factors in determining the cost of your metal roof installation.
- 1000 square foot home: $6,500 to $10,000
- 1500 square foot home: $9,750 to $15,000
- 2000 square foot home: $13,000 to $20,000
- 2500 square foot home: $16,250 to $25,000
- 3000 square foot home: $19,500 to $30,000
Different roofing systems and materials vary greatly in cost. The Piedmont Roofing Co in Atlanta offers installation of all of the following metal roofing systems in Atlanta, which are listed from least expensive to most expensive.
- Corrugated Metal: This roofing system is pre-fabricated with makes it the most cost-effective. It’s lightweight and durable and the cheapest option for a residential metal roof installation in Atlanta.
- Aluminum: Very lightweight and durable, aluminum is another affordable metal roofing option. Aluminum has a versatile style as it can be shaped into tiles or shingles.
- Steel: One of the most eco-friendly metal roofing systems, steel roofs are energy efficient, recyclable, and flame resistant.
- Standing Seam: The most popular and common style of metal roof, there are three different types of standing seam roofs – snap lock, mechanical lock, and batten panels.
- Metal Shingles: Designed to replicate other materials like cedar, slate, and ceramic, metal shingles offer a unique and durable design element to any Atlanta home.
- Copper: Copper roofing is very durable, but also very expensive. There are three styles of copper roofing – continuous, shingles, and panels.
Single or Multistory
How tall is your home? And are there multiple levels on your roof? A metal roof installation on a single story ranch is less expensive than an installation on a multi-level home.
Complexity and Slope
The complexity and slope of your roof will have a big impact on the overall cost of your new metal roof installation in Atlanta. The simpler a roof is, the less expensive it is to install. . When your start adding very steep slopes as well as complex angles and accessories things get more expensive, both in material cost and labor cost.
New Installation or Replacement
The cost to install a new metal roof will be dependent upon whether it’s a brand new installation or a re-roof. New construction metal roof installation in Atlanta are cheaper than metal roof replacements. This is because when a roof is replaced the old roof needs to be torn off and disposed of. Additionally, a new construction home will be built for the intended roof while an older home may need modifications to install the roof properly.
Cost to Install a Metal Roof on Average Atlanta Home
The average size of a home in Atlanta is around 1920 square feet. This means that the cost to install a new metal roof on the average Atlanta home is between $12,480 and $19,200.
When you need metal roofing in the Atlanta area, it’s essential to find someone who is committed not only to their work but also to providing you with excellent roofing services. At The Piedmont Roofing Co., we take pride in providing our customers with top-notch service and are determined to go above and beyond for all our customers. If you’re ready to improve your roofing system, call Atlanta’s reputable roofers today!